Pixel exact emulation of the Commodore 128,Commodore 64, VIC 20 and Atari 2600
Z64K should run on any platform with an updated java runtime environment installed. I will update this site when I get some free time but in the mean time feel free to drop me a message via the contact page with feedback or questions. The changelog only includes changes not shown on this homepage.
*tip: ALT-ENTER togglesfullscreen mode
***JAVA 9, 10 and 11 users should use the –Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.0 option if the screen does not render nicely on your setup. See https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8189416***
LINUX users: You might need to change the permission of Z64K.jar to allow execution. e.g. chmod +x Z64K.jar.
Size : 2142.21 Kb
Type : jar
Size : 6.886 Kb
Type : txt
Size : 903 Kb
Type : doc
- ALT+O = Toggle output of VICIIe/VDC to main screen (C128 only)
- ALT+2 = Toggle 2nd display ON/OFF (C128 only)
- ALT+ENTER = Toggle Fullscreen mode
- ALT+INSERT = Paste text from clipboard
- ALT+DELETE = Copy screen text to clipboard
- ALT+Q = Toggle capture mouse (C128 & C64)
- ALT+R = Soft reset
- CTRL+ALT+R = Hard reset
- ALT+W = Toggle Warp mode
The following keymappings override the values in the keyboard configuration editor for the C128
F9 = F1/F2
Other changes are:-
PC CAPS LOCK = C128 SHIFT LOCK
For emulated NUMPAD Joystick Num Lock needs to be OFF.
C128 NUMPAD keys works with Num Lock ON.
There is an option to enable/disable extra c128 keys via settings==>setup==>Extended Keyboard keys in the latest downloadable version of the emulator. Default is enable extended keyboard keys in C128/CPM modes only.
The C128 Direction keys are mapped to PC cursor keys, and CRSR U/D and CRSR L/R mapped to PC NUMPAD / and * when Extended Keyboard keys enabled.
11 May - Major update to Full Screen handling (ALT+ENTER)
- Fixed some weird behavior when using Java 11 of Windows when toggling full screen mode on setup with 3 monitors.
- Full screen settings available under General tab of Global Settings.
- New borderless mode (default full screen method).
- Multiple monitor support (c128 can have 2 active full screens at the same time)
- Added Machine Monitor console history. Use UP/DOWN arrows.
- Made Machine Monitor console window colorful.
- New Machine Monitor console window.
- Updated C128 Machine monitor commands rb0 and rb1 to no longer mess with MMU.
rb0 - debug using memory in RAM bank 0
rb1 - debug using memory in RAM bank 1
system - debug using system view of memory (defaults back to this when exiting monitor)
- breakpoints for c128 now have 17 bit range. eg:-
- bk e000 will set a breakpoint at bank 0 location e000
- bk 1e000 will set a breakpoint at bank 1 location e000.
- Report actual cycles/second executed on slow devices that can't handle full emulationspeed (e.g. Raspberry Pi).
- Added dumping of C128 mmu in machine monitor. io d500
- Emulator runs at correct speed after host computer resumes from sleeping.
- Fixed bug caused by last update to Ocean cartridge that prevented Shadow of the beast working.
- Re-enabled Full Screen options when display mode options are detected.
- Disable Full Screen options of Full Screen modes not found.
- Mirror Ocean Type 1 CART ROM LO to CART ROM HI. https://sourceforge.net/p/vice-emu/code/HEAD/tree/testprogs/C64/carts/ocean/ocean.crt cartridge works now.
- Added command line options for soundrate and soundbufsize
Specify the sound playback sample rate (SoundSampleRate). (8000..192000)
Specify the size of the audio buffer in milliseconds (25..350).
- Updated VIC20 VIC noise generator as discuss in VICE feature request #328 6561 noise generator has been reverse engineered
- Mastervolume control enabled for VIC20 and Atari 2600.
- Minor changes to SID player UI behaviour
- Set minimum size for SID Player window. Expand SID information text area on window resize.
- Minor tweaks to sound latency reporting.
- Major rewrite of Audio plugin. Options to change sample rate and buffer size available on the General tab of Global settings.
- Removed settings box in development that should not have appeared in the File menu.
- Fixed bug when manual selection of 2nd SID selection was always setting it to address $d520 no matter what value was selected. All 2nd SID locations in Super Mario Bros work.
- Fixed a bug with SP logic that caused VICE test repository cia-int tests to fail.
- Fixed a bug with the CIA SP output that was bringing the IRQ pin low when byte wassent regardless of the mask value in the IMR. Thanks Krill for the bug report and pointing me in the right direction to fix this. :)
- Fixed some of the Fast Serial bugs that were introduced in 5 May 2018 release. C128 version of JiffyDOS ROMs function correctly again when using1571 and 1581 drives.
- Removed doubling up of 1541 debugging output when using C128 emulation.
- Include drive CPU state at top of Machine Monitor when debugging device 8:
- Allow Machine monitor to assemble to device 8.
- Disassembly window is refreshed when assembled code falls in range of what is displayed in the window.
- Fixed some Machine monitor debugger output for 1571 when drive is in 2 Mhz mode.
- When a breakpoint is trigger, correct CPU is shown by default when entering theMachine Monitor.
- Fixed bug with cursor in interlaced mode.
- Updated VDC interlaced bitmap behaviour when vertical adjust is set to 0. Thanks Scott Hutter for the test program . :)
- Fixed bug introduced on 22/11/2018 when SID envelope underflows. Hang drum sounds much better now.
- Disabled extra pixel in VDC 40 column bitmap mode
- Minor improvement to frame skip
- Fixed case where frame wasn't detected during frame skip that could freeze emulator. Also added timeout value in unlikely case frame is never detected during skipping of frame.
- Added frame skip (ALT-F while emulator paused) and fixed bug when starting monitor for first time when emulator is paused
- Improved Comal-80 support.
- Added Comal-80 cartridge support.
- Added rendering hints to improve display with JRE 9+
- Fixed CPM and Expert cartridge VICII graphics fetch bug that was introduced in last version.
- Fix C1581 LED behaviour
- Uploaded correct branch of Z64K. Earlier version has some disk issues resulting from bug in CIA Port A mask.
- Fixed bug introduced into SID waveform generator on 15 August 2018. Samples in the last V8 playcorrectly again.
- Fixed a bug that caused the TestBench drive testsuite to fail to mount disk.
- Compact toolbar icons on main screen
7 January 2019- New TestBench Frontend
- Fixed new TestBench Frontendscript for disk images.
- Fixed case sensitive name of image filethat caused a fatal error on some systems.
- Removed TestBench from menu when emulating Atari 2600.
- TestBench support for VICE and HOXS64.
- TestBench frame resizable.
- Z64K C128 can select c64 or c128 tests in TestBench
- Fixed exit screenshot size when in console mode. Testbench script screenshot tests work again
- TestBench selects correct tests for currently emulated computer
- Fixed TAP (raw C64 cassette TAPE images) version 0 support
- Fixed some SID player bugs
- Added c128 Expert Cartridge support
- Fixed minor bug with c64 cartridge NMI logic
- Fixed bug introduced on 10 November that prevented CP/M cartridge working with C128 emulation
- Minor changes to Testbench UI tree look and feel.
- Fixed some bugs with Expert Cartridge.
- Removed some debug output from emulator that I forgot to disable in last release.
2 December -First formal release!!
- All logged changes moved into changelog.
- Release 1.0 has a java language level of 7 so requires JRE 7 or better.
- Future versions with release number 2.x will be created at java language level of 8 so will require JRE 8 or better.