Pixel exact emulation of the Commodore 128,Commodore 64, VIC 20 and Atari 2600 written entirely in Java
The emulators should run on any platform with an updated java runtime environment installed. I will update this site when I get some free time but in the mean time feel free to drop me a message via the contact page with feedback or questions.
There is still some work to do with the NewUI but I recommend using it now for the latest features. See note 9 October note for more information.
*tip: ALT-ENTER switches fullscreen mode
Size : 1864.954 Kb
Type : jar
Size : 1868.205 Kb
Type : jar
Size : 1867.143 Kb
Type : jar
Size : 1867.145 Kb
Type : jar
Size : 528.5 Kb
Type : doc
Size : 47.136 Kb
Type : zip
9 December - NewUI
- Added ability to select custom ROMs. (see 9 October for link and more info)
4 December - C128 Beta and NewUI
- Fixed a bug introduced with update on 5 August which wouldn't allow tapes to load with the Commodore 128 in both C128 and C64 modes.
26 November - New version of NewUI - C1581 works!!!
21 November - New version of NewUI emulator uploaded. (see below)
- Note: c1581 emulation is incomplete. Computers can communicate with the c1581 via serial port but I still need to complete WD1770 emulation for reading/writing disk functions. .d81 images can only be previewed at this stage in the diskviewer.
24 October - All emulators
- Fixed Weave renderer. Interlaced modes for C128 and VIC20 shows correctly again.
9 October - NEW UI
- New UI is almost ready to replace the current emulators!
The only things missing from new UI now that are available in the currently released versions are as follows. Note this list does not include things I still need to fix such as full C128 snapshot support.
- Luma coefficient selector
- CPU multiplier
- Palette selector
- Border Mode
- SID Panel (implemented, just not enabled)
- Test Bench Configuration options (backend implemented)
- Scan lines and Motion Adaptive Blending
- JINPUT support (done for c64&c128 11/10/17)
- Remote Monitor
- Disk RPM
- Machine Monitor (is implemented but missing some commands)
- C128 Function ROMs (added 10 December)
- Language support
- Most of the above items will require little effort to finalise so I should be able to release the new UI soon for comprehensive testing. I will provide a complete list of the new features then as well. A couple of the new features included are ALT+DELETE and ALT+INSERT to copy/paste text (automatically detects if source text is all in upper case or combination lower/upper case), and dynamic screen resizing. :)
- Available here ==>http://www.z64k.com/resources/Z64KNewUI.jar (Updated 11 December)
1 October - Change Log and New UI
- Archived change log into changelog.doc
- I've uploaded an updated version of the new UI (see below). It's getting much closer to be able to totally replace the currently released emulators! :)
30 September - C64 BETA
- Set raster to correct value when loading snapshots. Fixes loading of snapshots that rely on exact raster position. eg IK+. I discovered bug while implementing snapshots for new UI. See below for link to new UI.
23 September - NEW UI
- I've had a few requests on the progress of the new UI so rather than sending out individual copies I have uploaded a temporary version for download. I will update the downloadable version occasionally but I won't be announcing any of the updates or features until I am ready to release it. I warmly welcome feedback and questions while I develop the new UI. The new UI is functional and reasonably stable but is not fully tested yet. It is available here (Last updated 9 October 2017)==> http://www.z64k.com/resources/Z64KNewUI.jar
17 September - All emulators
- Fixed issue with latest version of Java where frame could loose focus after toggling between full screen and window modes.
- NEWS ***UPDATE on progress of new UI*** I am very close to having all the features of the current emulators in the new improved UI so I am hoping to release it in the next few weeks for wider testing. If you would like a preview of it please send me a message and I will send you a copy now. :)
28 August - News: No new updates ready to be released yet but I'm busy working on a new UI that will allow execution of any of the emulators from one jar file. New features to the UI will include volume control, improved file handling interface, and individual screen controls for multiple screens including video signal information(C128).
5 August - C128 Beta
- version b - Fixed a bug with FSDIR. It was the reason why the upgraded version of CP/M 3.0 PLUS would not load. It's a bug that has made me scratch my head for ages, but now that I found it, it was so obvious what the problem was. :p
- Updated some fast serial logic. Upgraded version of CP/M 3.0 PLUS works.
- EXTRA INFO.This version of c128 Beta has a portal page to all emulators. It's not complete but to preview you can either update the Main-Class: in the Manifest.mf file to portal.Z64K or run the class using the command line. eg. java -cp C128_Beta_2017_08_05.jar portal.Z64K